Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

with a Pecan Streusel Crumble

I am a local team kinda gal and I stand by our Broncos, but I really am not much of a football fan. I prefer the smooth gliding, fast-paced, sexiness that is HOCKEY (Go Avs!). But like I say, I stand by our Broncos and hope that they come away victorious today (so sorry to my Seahawk friends).

GO BRONCOS!


As we are hosting the Superbowl Party this year, I started prepping for it last night to get ahead of the game. Lot's of yummy food to be had. I posted my Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Pecan Crumb topping on my Facebook page and since I was asked to post the recipe, I decided "Hey! BLOG Opportunity!"  And yes, I realize that I'm having a bit of a blog identity crisis.  Papercrafting? Crocheting?  Cooking?  Baking?  Still all for the love of sharing so let's go with that. 

Can't forget the ORANGE CRUSH!


So here it is... This is a combination of two recipes that I found. I am Mile High Altitude, and I'm not sure how adjustments are made for you sea-level folks. These are Nom-Nom-Nom to die for.  I do not believe in making margerine-for-butter substitutes, and I always have heavy whipping cream in the house for my coffee. Please, no substituting milk here either.



Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins (with Pecan Crumble)


      Ingredients:                                                             Pecan Crumble
      2-3 ripe bananas                                                      3 T flour
      4 T butter, softened                                                 3 T brown sugar
      2 eggs                                                                      pinch of salt                                3/4 - 1 C brown sugar (Not packed)                     ½ tsp cinnamon
      4T heavy whipping cream                                      2 T butter, room temp, cut
      1-1/3 C flour                                                           1-2 oz. pkg chopped pecans
      ¾ tsp salt
      ½ tsp baking soda
      ¼ tsp baking powder
      ½ tsp cinnamon
      1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.   Preheat oven to 350.
2.   Put liners in muffin pan.
3.   In large bowl, mash bananas.
4.   Add softened butter, eggs, sugar (I found that 1 Cup made them 
      pretty sweet but the consensus of eaters was "it is just right"), and
      4T of heavy whipping cream, and mix well.
5.   Combine all the dry ingredients into another bowl. Gradually sift 
      the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well.
6.   Mix in chocolate chips.
7.   Fill muffin liners about ¾ full.
8.   Prepare the crumble by combining all the ingredients until it 
      looks crumbly!
9.   Top each muffin with a generous amount of crumble.
10. Bake 22 minutes. Toothpick test it but mine were perfect at 22 
      minutes.
11. Cool completely and Nom-Nom-Nom.


Crumb topping adds a nice texture.



Who doesn't love the melty gooeyness that is the chocolate chip?



So I realize I'm having a blog identity crisis, but my blog is for the love of sharing, so there you have it. Enjoy!

XO~
Rolly



No comments:

Post a Comment